Culture is top of mind for many organizations these days. Research has shown that as workforce demographics change, employees want to work for organizations that support their values, empower work/life balance, and encourage personal growth. But changing a culture doesn’t happen overnight, especially in established organizations. In addition to leadership backing and a thoughtful approach to defining and refining culture goals, a successful culture change requires a well-planned and ongoing HR and communications strategy.
- Aligning culture change to the organization’s mission and brand
- Learning from employees to honor the past and define the future
- Making change real through all people processes
- Amplifying internal storytelling using tools like Sway and portals, and infusing a culture message in all senior leadership communications
- Measuring the impact of culture change through employee feedback, customer and partner feedback and external perceptions