Journalists receive dozens, if not hundreds, of pitches every day. Employees are preoccupied with the many tasks at hand. How can PR and internal communications professionals cut through the noise and tell stories that are timely, surprising and human? In this session, Trish Hall, a veteran features and op-ed editor at both The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal, will show attendees how to bring stories to life in ways that influence action.
You’ll learn how to:
- Be succinct, truthful and efficient
- Be surprising and say a lot in email subject lines
- Know your audience and speak directly to them
- Play on feelings to earn trust and inspire action
- Write conversationally—but not so casually that you look sloppy