Want to secure more headlines? Ditch tired, promotional prose and jargon and instead craft stories that intrigue readers, spark interest and take a new angle on a popular topic or trend. Amir Bibawy, The Associated Press’ business editor of breaking news and digital strategy, will show you how to craft pitches that resonate with your target audience: journalists. He’ll cover what makes one story outstanding and why others fall flat—and what you can do to trim the fat and deliver only the best pitches.
- How to avoid bad writing and make your pitch emails sing
- How to hook journalists in the first few sentences—and avoid what makes a journalist or editor click “delete”
- Tips for uncovering stories and perfecting storytelling techniques
- How to jump on a current trend or breaking news story by offering a relevant, unique angle
- The types of content that can accentuate your story (quotes, visuals, etc.)