Philadelphia is the City of Brotherly Love, which might explain why Visit Philadelphia is committed to making sure that everyone knows they are welcome to the Philadelphia region. However, you don’t have to run a citywide marketing campaign to be a champion of diversity and inclusion. Rachel Ferguson, chief innovation and global diversity officer for Visit Philadelphia, will talk about what her team has done to show diverse audiences that Philadelphia is an accepting and welcoming destination for all. She’ll show off the company’s new Latinx campaign and efforts around Pride Month and Black Music Month, share takeaways from these promotions and explain why you should understand and cater to diverse audiences with storytelling strategies that uplift instead of offend. She’ll also make the case for why your entire team must be involved in these efforts from the very beginning of the planning process.
- How to thoughtfully and cautiously tell more inclusive stories, with an eye on the big picture and who to involve
- How to immerse yourself within your community and encourage crowdsourced content and ideas
- Tips for striking an authentic tone and voice while uncovering important and diverse stories that welcome the audiences you’re looking to attract
- Trips for stretching your stories, grabbing headlines and increasing social media engagement
- How to move past messages that feel like a marketing grab and instead offer a welcome and respectful voice