If you were restarting your communications office today, would it look the same as it did just a few years ago? Probably not. How people consume information is radically different today, and NASA is working to support and drive this initiative to share the space agency’s powerful story with a worldwide audience. In this session we’ll explore what that paradigm-shifting strategy looks like. John Yembrick is the chief of NASA’s new digital communications division, which breaks down previous silos and merges NASA Television, social media and the agency’s website into one office. Through these channels, his mission is “to bring space down to Earth” for everyone, informing a new generation about the wonders of space exploration. Attendees will be inspired to view their own brands through fresh eyes and explore uncharted territory to reach a broad audience through digital communications and storytelling.
- Transform into a digital organization that makes employees think differently about their jobs
- Break down office walls and persuade employees to work together toward common goals
- Become a nimble storyteller in the digital world by taking communications directly to the people
- Coordinate content across multiple locations and platforms
- Package content to inspire and engage an audience