Being on the front lines of a deadly pandemic has created a lot of stress, anxiety and burnout for health care workers. And even those not on the front line must confront the mental health problems posed by working from home and being isolated. Join us for a discussion on how communicators can prevent burnout and advocate for wellness and mental health.
Learn how to:
- Ensure frontline workers can access the support and resources available to them
- Create effective programs to promote individual wellbeing and improve morale
- Show empathy to both internal and external audiences in this time of stress and make mental health resources more readily available
- Use SEO, social media and grassroots efforts to get the word out about the resources you offer
- Partner with HR and your wellness colleagues to execute a seamless wellness plan