In recent years, the nation has been in the throes of a groundswell of engagement and activism in response to global and domestic events. From Black Lives Matter to the women’s march to national anthem protests to #MeToo, the need for speechwriters to navigate the complexities of public opinion and politics is increasingly crucial.
- Recognize when a movement has galvanized the nation’s collective psyche
- Establish whether your organization has a stance on an emerging movement
- Successfully acknowledge or address sensitive social justice issues
- Prepare speakers for unscripted thorny moments
- Harness those captivating stories in your speaker’s personal arsenal