It’s no secret that employees are facing much higher levels of stress. They’re balancing work and homeschooling, are concerned about their health and financial wellbeing, and are faced with traumatic and tragic events in the news on a consistent basis. For them to be able to bring their best selves to work and remain productive and engaged, it’s critical that communicators encourage them to take care of themselves in these trying times.
During this session, you’ll learn:
- Which wellness initiatives make a difference and which ones miss the mark
- The role of communications in helping employees better manage the challenges of working from home and stay connected to colleagues
- How to support the wellbeing of Black employees during a time of crisis and trauma
- How and why you should integrate wellness into your corporate values and culture
- Tactics for effective employee outreach