In an age of division and escalating acts of violence against underrepresented communities, changing audiences want to hear how your brand is walking the talk by telling stories that actualize your purpose and illuminate your DE&I commitments. In this session, Cynthia Sugiyama, head of communications for Diverse Segments, Representation & Inclusion at Wells Fargo, will share how a personal op-ed she wrote for the San Francisco Chronicle about the escalating violence against Asian Americans became an internal springboard for discussion and action.
- How external thought leadership stories can be repurposed internally to engage employees around your purpose and values
- Opt-in strategies for employee storytelling that engage your diverse workforce without making them feel pressured or tokenized
- Ways to use employee stories and voices to engage leadership and help shape broader initiatives and philanthropic commitments
- Tips for extending storytelling opportunities by engaging the audience segments at the heart of your values
- Best practices for using your brand journalism site and other platforms to amplify partners that are doing the work