Great public speakers aren’t born; they’re trained. Leveraging his professional and competitive experience, Joel Schwartzberg, senior director of strategic and executive communications for the ASPCA, will share nuts-and-bolts techniques for becoming a more confident and competent public speaker. Attendees will have the opportunity to practice what they’ve learned and participate in skill-building exercises that connect with their expertise.
- Identify, sharpen and effectively sell a point
- Captivate and engage an audience
- Use “Power Periods,” volume and pauses to enhance points
- Walk, gesture and position one’s body to convey strength
- Avoid weak habits like uptalk, vocal fry, and power fail
- Interact effectively with both notes and PowerPoint presentations
- Mitigate public speaking anxiety