With so much to do, it’s hard to know where to begin. Changing your organizational culture will take time, requiring a multi-year strategic plan. Communicators play a pivotal role in this journey. You’re positioned to be more intentionally inclusive—which in turn helps increase innovation, recruitment and employee engagement. During this session, Kim Clark of Ragan Consulting Group will guide you through all the elements of a holistic DEI communications strategy, including:
- Inclusive Language Guide: How to gather input from the right groups and determine proper guidance and language to include and educate those using it.
- Inclusive Design Principles: The overall production process to follow to ensure all your content represents and supports an inclusive culture.
- Measurement: What to measure, and how to use those metrics to drive accountability.
- People leader guidance: Essential education from microaggressions to unconscious bias to psychological safety—the complete guide to manager DE&I development.
- Storytelling: How to move beyond heritage months and practice inclusive storytelling year-round—including holding events like listening tours and sharing panels.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs): How to support and partner with ERGs, DE&I councils and task forces, on effective communications