Your employees and leaders are vital parts of your organization and perhaps your greatest untapped asset. How do you incorporate them into your social media strategy and create ways for them to engage with your brand while you simultaneously stimulate their thought leadership?
NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s largest academic medical centers, decided early to build its 21,000+ employees, 6,000+ physicians and executives into its social media strategy. The Hospital now counts more than 700 employees, 100+ physicians and 30+ senior leaders active on Twitter alone.
Gina Czark and Jessica Fillinger, the social media team at NewYork-Presbyterian, reveal how employee engagement played a critical role in their award-winning social media program.
- Develop social media brand advocates and employee ambassadors
- Create chances for employees and leaders to engage on social media
- Build an ambassador program that encompasses employees of all ages, backgrounds and departments (clinical vs. non-clinical)
- Put physicians in your content calendar and key awareness months
- Gain social business buy-in from senior leadership and clinical chiefs
- Educate employees on social media and create training opportunities