As an Asian-American, California Treasurer Fiona Ma has overcome glass and bamboo ceilings — while practicing inclusive language to ensure she’s reaching all of her constituents. Join this fireside with Ma and other guests to discover how you can embrace inclusive language to more effectively forge connections, common ground — and consensus. Everything you learn here also applies to C-suite speeches.
- How to evaluate and improve the accessibility of your communications — and how to eliminate unconscious bias from speeches.
- DE&I guidelines for speeches: How to use inclusive, people-first language so audiences find themselves reflected fairly and meaningfully.
- Insights and resources to help you create an inclusive language style guide.
- Poetry and public affairs: How to express thoughts and emotions in ways that are personal and universal — so you can help promote understanding and empathy.
- Bonus: How to use authentic storytelling to build bridges and tear down barriers.