If you’re looking to stand up or sharpen a public affairs program around a politicized or otherwise delicate subject matter, marijuana legalization and AIDS research provide strong models. Public affairs pros in these spaces serve as educators, communicators and advocates daily. Learn how to strike a similar balance with insights from two PIOs who recently took the reins. You’ll learn:
- Trust: How to communicate with clarity, transparency and consistency in markets where mis/disinformation/misinformation must be countered.
- Strategy: How to create a “flex comms” plan for any issue without a roadmap.
- Channels: Content distribution across web sites and social media (including surprising examples from Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and even TikTok).
- Messaging: How NJ-CRC and amfAR navigate nuances around cannabis and AIDS research — and ensure messaging consistency.
- Measurement: How to track sentiment and support — and respond in real time.