You don’t have to wait until your next intranet overhaul to deliver improvements that meet user and business needs. Design thinking, a process for generating new ideas and solving problems, offers a suite of tools that allow intranet teams to take advantage of in-house resources to work agilely and drive meaningful enhancements. In this session, you’ll learn how the KIPP Foundation embeds design thinking in its platform and content development work to deliver a valuable and usable intranet experience—without writing large checks or engaging external contractors.
- Gather user feedback to generate empathy and build trust
- Lead brainstorming sessions that create buy-in and break down silos
- Use the concept of minimum viable product (MVP) to maximize your resources
- Rapidly test improvements to identify features with the highest value
- Foster a design thinking mindset among intranet managers and contributors