Writing chops is the No. 1 skill execs are looking for from communicators, so it should be your top priority. You need to win over all readers — from employees to the press — on your intranets, on social media, in your press releases, announcements and even speeches. That all requires tricks of the trade to help you pen prose that keeps your readers engaged and wanting more.
Join us as we explore proven techniques that you can use across mediums to get eyeballs and keep them focused. Our experts will cover:
Part 1: Writing for your employee base: Getting to the “why” of your messaging.
Part 2: Writing for social media: What you should post, and what you should avoid.
Part 3: Writing for media coverage: press releases and pitches.
BONUS: Self-editing tips
You’ll walk away understanding:
- How to apply news value principles to your writing.
- Finding the right hook – think headlines, teasers and leads.
- The value of using precise, plain language to improve clarity and retention.
- Visual verb usage that packs a punch.
- Why style matters both in writing and presentation.
- Shortcuts to extract the most important pieces of your editorial storytelling.
- And, much more.