All the signs point to the gradual shift from a screen-driven communication environment to a world in which pulling a screen out of your pocket will be so, like, 15 minutes ago. Many of the skills communicators take for granted today will be all but obsolete as we learn to write scripts for chatbots (both text and voice-enabled) and ensure content is accessible through augmented and mixed reality platforms. In this eye-opening session, communication technology specialist Shel Holtz will introduce you to the state of these emerging channels, project how they will replace the smartphone, and show how you can ease the transition of your communication strategies to accommodate these exciting technologies.
- Why messaging apps will lead to the screenless interface
- Why the rise of “hearables” will change the way we communicate
- The role of scripting in communications departments and agencies
- Why “one true answer” will change the ways we optimize for search
- Why augmented reality will become a common communications tool this year