Your business is facing unprecedented transformation in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Do you have what it takes to get a seat at the table and join the important conversations around your organization’s future? Financial skills and business fluency are the keys to success, as it becomes increasingly important for communicators to demonstrate their value in these difficult economic times.
In partnership with George Washington University, this three hour information-packed course is grounded in the principle that to be a strategic advisor to your organization, not only must you know your business, but you also need to know about business. As you prepare for the challenging road ahead, don’t miss out on this chance to develop the skills that will make you indispensable.
Now is the time to hone your business acumen and prepare for your transformed role. This information-packed virtual boot camp will teach you the business skills you need to tackle the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead. You’ll get expert guidance and resources to develop a strong understanding of the complexities that leaders face during an economic downtown, and the knowledge you need to be a key player in your organization’s financial future.
You’ll learn how to:
- Manage and interpret financial statements, and develop and oversee organizational budgets
- Speak the language of business and finance, and use financial tools to evaluate trends
- Master the business planning process and differentiate between a strategic and an operational plan—and understand their relationship to communication planning and activities
- Create strategic plans that deliver profitability and demonstrate your value to top leaders—and see case studies and examples of such plans
- Understand how the business environment has shifted due to COVID-19 and what impact it may have on economic success—or failure