Take Charge of your Career: Exclusive hiring trends and career advice for communicators
The full content of this page is available to members only.
Communications jobs are in flux like never before—thanks to disappearing silos, reallocation of corporate budgets and a rash of exciting new platforms. Join this interactive session with CareerBuilder's director of corporate communications and social media for a look into the state of the PR and communications field—and fresh ideas for getting hired or promoted today. Whether you're a media relations manager at a social media giant, an AE at a growing agency or a digital specialist at a nonprofit, this informative and inspiring exchange will arm you with insights you need to successfully map out a more rewarding and successful career path. Come ready with questions!
- The state of communications jobs since the recession
- What's hot: The communications and social media jobs expected to grow the most over the next five years
- How a spike in college PR programs is changing the job market
- What's important in a résumé—and how to increase visibility for yours
- How to ask for—and get—a raise
Michael Erwin is director of international public relations and social media at CareerBuilder, where he also serves as a senior career advisor. Previously he was director of public affairs at the National Insurance Crime Bureau and manager of public affairs at the Insurance Information Institute.