The State of Trust: Influence and storytelling in the age of skepticism
The full content of this page is available to members only.
Learn how to promote and protect your brand, reputation and business in an era of continual digital disruption and declining trust. You’ll leave with lessons from the most visible communications and marketing agendas of the last 18 months. You’ll discover how analytics, audience engagement and new expectations affect areas such as media relations, content development and social media customer service. What will you do the next time you face a high-stakes reputational risk quandary? The answers start here.
- Lessons from Disney’s being named the “most authentic brad” (Cohn & Wolfe)
- Inversions in trust and influence and the systems through which they travel
- How online issues spark brushfires that can escalate to raging wildfires
- The evolving interrelation between news and social media reporting, be it fake or real
- How to know who your true audience is—and what it needs from you in today’s polarized environment
- How to use social media channels to engender understanding—and even trust—in the face of skepticism
Russell Dubner joined Edelman as an entry-level account executive and today oversees the U.S. region. He remains actively involved with a wide range of clients, including PwC, ADP, Home Depot, Samsung, AQR and Juniper. He’s written and lectured on the tenets of enduring engagement and taking a narrative approach to corporate storytelling. He sits on the boards of the New York think tank Center for an Urban Future, Coro NY Leadership Center and GenNext Foundation. He is also a PTTOW founding member. @Edelman_US