Adapt or die. Nowhere is this truer than in digital commerce and communication. Social media was just the first phase of person-to-person sharing: Masses adopted platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter and LinkedIn to share P2P media. Now, they flock to P2P commerce on Airbnb, Uber and LendingClub. Just as your company or brand engaged in social media with storytelling and content marketing, you must now participate in the movement known as the “Sharing Economy”—or risk losing what you worked so hard to build. In this gutsy keynote, former Forrester analyst and founding partner of Altimeter Group Jeremiah Owyang will show how other communications teams are changing their models to adapt to the Sharing Economy’s next phase—and provide a framework you can use to make the jump into social commerce.
- Why the “Sharing Economy” is the next phase of social media
- What’s causing this sharing and maker movement
- Which verticals are being affected the most
- Why this movement influences all corporations
- How this movement enables the “clean Web”—and why it matters to you
- What companies and leaders must do now to overcome this disruption
- How communicators can lead the move to the Sharing Economy in social commerce—and save their companies and careers in the process