How the Phoenix Suns and Phoenix Mercury Use Instagram and Other Visual Media Channels—and You Can, Too
The full content of this page is available to members only.
For the second-straight year, the Phoenix Suns won the NBA's Digital Innovator Award in early January, just weeks after the Phoenix Mercury received both the WNBA's Digital Marketing and Fan Engagement Awards. Long considered leaders in professional sports, the Suns and Mercury employ an assortment of social media channels to elevate their brand and drive business. These channels are becoming more and more reliant on strong imagery.
- Communicate your brand message through Instagram
- Leverage photos and video to generate revenue
- Use infographics to share your successes in a unique way
- Boost your brand with wisdom from the Suns' and Mercury’s social media strategy
- Maximize your appeal on social media
- Discover new (and sometimes old) content worth sharing
Jeramie McPeek (@Jeramie) is Vice President, Digital with the NBA's Phoenix Suns. He is currently in his 23rd season and leads the organization's digital, mobile and social media efforts. Under his guidance, the Suns' digital department has been recognized with numerous awards, including the NBA Digital Innovator Award in both 2014 and 2015.
In addition to his position with the Suns and the WNBA's Phoenix Mercury, McPeek serves as the Editor-at-Large for the NBA's official magazine, HOOP, and has traveled around the world speaking on digital and social media strategy.