Cracking the code for visual social media engagement
The full content of this page is available to members only.
If you make an amazing video and no one sees it, is it really amazing? Don Bourassa, founder of the social media department at Yelp, has addressed questions surrounding engagement, social media algorithms and video storytelling in his role at the groundbreaking tech organization. This session merges best practices in social media and video with challenges in social media content creation.
- Grab your audience’s attention in the first three seconds and hold onto it
- Respect the details that make the difference in video production for social media
- Incorporate explicit calls to action into your promotion
- Make the most of a small budget for paid social media
- Measure the results of your effort by targeting the KPIs that count
Don Bourassa is social media manager at Yelp, driving digital storytelling for Yelp social properties across the spectrum. A storyteller, travel enthusiast, bon vivant and lover of all things beautiful, he combines his passion for all these things with his profession. In his nine years at Yelp he’s built a strong offline community in Portland, Oregon, a team of community managers on the west coast, a marketing operations department and a social media department all from scratch. He firmly believes it’s not about the size of your following, it’s how you engage it.