Sarah Hurwitz, former head speechwriter for first lady Michelle Obama, will share lessons learned from her years as a White House speechwriter about how to craft moving, memorable and inspiring speeches. Citing real-life examples from her time in the White House, Sarah will offer advice on how to tell vivid stories, make compelling arguments and convey deep truths that can move audiences to action.
- Employ powerful, authentic language instead of tired slogans and soundbites
- Tell vivid, memorable stories that will move your audience
- Make a persuasive argument that motivates audiences to take action
- Edit yourself effectively
- Use words to convey your speakers’ deep emotions