Soon after Facebook launched Facebook Live, their live-streaming app, in April 2015, top companies began taking advantage of the platform’s intimate format to promote their brands. Videos posted to Facebook are viewed more than four billion times a day and Facebook prioritizes live videos in news feeds, making the platform an attractive, low-budget option for content creators. VCU Health began incorporating Facebook Live into their public relations and marketing strategy a few months after Facebook Live launched. As an early adopter of the platform, VCU Health will share the best practices they developed in the past year to make the most of Facebook Live.
- Use Facebook Live to engage more fully with your target audience
- Elevate your physicians as experts on timely news topics
- Employ low-to-high tech equipment for several broadcasting formats
- Analyze case studies from other organizations to guide your marketing goals
- Capitalize on Facebook Live’s functions beyond point-and-shoot to boost brand equity