The Future of Workplace Wellbeing and Employee Mental Health
The World Health Organization (WHO) classified burnout as an official medical diagnosis in 2019, and the effects of emotional and mental exhaustion can have devastating effects on both your employees’ wellbeing and your organization’s bottom line. It’s also more common than you might think. Poor work/life balance, lack of recognition, confusion over job expectations and a negative company culture can all lead to burnout.
The continuing COVID-19 crisis, which required many organizations to shift to digital workplaces overnight and led to a staggering unemployment rate in the United States, pushes additional stress and expectations on employees who are uncertain about what the future holds. In addition, the deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery and other black Americans have taken a toll on employees across organizations and industries as we grapple to address racial injustice and overcome systemic racism.
How can communicators effectively support employees before burnout takes over? Join us to learn how you can approach employee wellbeing holistically and realistically—and ways to curb workplace stress even during ongoing crises. Plus, hear about the latest research and trends on employee wellbeing that will inform your initiatives moving forward.
- How to help your workforce adjust to the “new normal”
- Best strategies for communicating with remote and dispersed employees
- Ways to help employees understand their value to your organization as a whole and how they’re involved in achieving your mission and vision
- How to open the lines of communication between leaders and employees and foster safe spaces where employees can open up about their concerns
- How to balance necessary goals and deadlines with the effects of current crises and other stressors can decrease both wellbeing and productivity
- Takeaways for creating meaningful employee benefits and wellness programs—and ensuring your workplace takes advantage of them
- How to address workload and work/life balance amid working from home
- Setting up processes that outline clear expectations and decrease uncertainty
- How to help leaders increase empathy and effectiveness through listening and responding to employee feedback
- Tips and tools to building a culture of wellbeing within your workplace