Storytelling That Engages Audiences: How to Write and Edit Inspiring Content
The full content of this page is available to members only.
Join former journalist and Boston Scientific’s “unofficial editor-in-chief” for insights to ensure every campaign you touch starts with a captivating concept—and ends with compelling writing that engages external and internal audiences alike. You’ll learn:
- Storytelling strategies for creative campaigns that move people—and the needle
- Storytelling principles for captivating audiences—even when the news isn’t good
- How to add more visuals to the stories you post on internal and external channels
- Newsroom secrets: How to write fast, accurate copy when reporters are waiting—lessons from past corporate crises and inspirational moments with the Hopi Nation
- How to become your organization’s resident AP expert: Simple editing techniques you can instantly apply to content from intranet posts to employee newsletters
Vanessa Charles is Manager of Internal Communications at Boston Scientific. She’s responsible for leading internal communications that inspire and engage employees by connecting them to the company’s mission, values and each other. She’s also the managing editor for the company’s intranet and global employee publications. She has been a content strategist for many organizations, including a global biopharmaceutical company, a multinational utility, a Native American tribe and a cabinet-level government agency.