Sizzle Starts Here: Build More Meaningful Stories Before You Hit Record Part 2
The full content of this page is available to members only.
Without a powerful narrative, it doesn't matter what kind of camera you have or where you post your videos. Join to discover how to plan videos that capture hearts and minds because they speak to a higher purpose through authentic storytelling.
- Producer's Perspective: How to unearth golden stories at your organization
- Premise: How to find the "heart" of your story (especially in a pandemic)
- Structure Fundamentals: What you must know about narrative structure
- Authenticity: How to foster truth, openness and vulnerability from your subjects to ensure success and combat audience skepticism
- Bonus: TV newsroom lessons from Ragan's "Best Overall Video" grand prize winner
Dan Landson is a communications lead at Southwest Airlines, where his team recently won the "Best Overall Video" and "Grand Prize" awards in PR Daily's Video & Visual Awards. As a PR professional, he's always looking for unique, creative and strategic storytelling opportunities to generate positive brand awareness and revenue growth through owned and earned channels. He previously served as a producer with KLAS-TV in Las Vegas for seven years, where he oversaw editorial content to create compelling newscasts that captured and retained viewer interest. He was responsible for helping to increase KLAS-TV #1 ranking in morning newscasts, and leveraging social media channels to engage and grow audiences when news outlets were just beginning to use these channels as a way to extend their reach beyond television.