Make it Count: Five Pro Tips to Create Equitable Content that Reaches Diverse Audiences
The full content of this page is available to members only.
- Go beyond translating words to translating stories.
- Ask the right questions to uncover what problems/pain points your brand can solve for a culturally specific audience.
- Think beyond translating a flyer or an email (that is not equity!) and look at complete customer journeys instead.
- Understand why if you can’t deliver an equitable language-specific experience, you shouldn’t be translating a marketing campaign.
- Maximize learnings to boost the quality of your multi-language communications.
Sonia Acosta is a seasoned, bilingual (Spanish) marketer, brand storyteller, and motivational author based in Miami Beach, FL. She currently serves as Director, Brand Content for Girl Scouts of the USA where she owns consumer-facing brand voice and has played a key role in creating equitable content for Latinx audiences across the country. Sonia’s academic background includes Advertising, Mass Communication/Journalism, and business (Go Gators and Ramblers!). She is an eternal optimist, a champion for authenticity and diversity, and a proud Cuban American who consistently uses her love of storytelling to inspire action, create connection, and provide value. Learn more about her at soniaacosta.com.