Keep Remote Employees Informed and Inspired: Innovative Ways to Connect Your Dispersed Workforce During the Crisis
The full content of this page is available to members only.
We’re all working through unprecedented change and challenges right now—and your employees are likely feeling anxious and overwhelmed. Are you providing the remote communication and collaboration environment they need?
Join Cardinal Health’s Kerry Christopher and Medidata Solutions’ Edward Ford to hear inspiring ideas, the best tools and new approaches they’re using to deliver clear and compassionate employee-focused communication when it’s needed most. What you learn will help position you and your teams for greater success through the crisis—and in the future, including:
- The Internal Communications Trifecta: How your job has changed forever amid the unknown—and how to foster trust, transparency and teamwork
- Free resources to help employees succeed in a “work from home” culture
- The New Toolbox: How to build a more collaborative digital workplace using Yammer, Zoom, Teams, MeetingPulse, Jive, Google Suite apps and more
- Real stories and real-time insights learned on the front lines this week—including
which employee channels are failing, which are fading and which are thriving
- How to create video messages and townhalls more quickly to respond to rapidly changing information, fears and needs
- The new DIY mindset: How to empower your employees to work smarter
- The surprising role social media (think Instagram) now plays in internal comms
- Best ways to keep your people engaged, safe and productive through this crisis
Kerry Christopher is the vice president of internal communications at Cardinal Health, where he leads a team of communications professionals focused on improving business results through two-way communication. He was previously director of internal communications for General Motors, where he helped to change GM’s culture by creating opportunities for leaders to listen and build relationships with employees in simple, informal ways that also included monthly video messages and live townhalls. Before that, he served as director of internal communications for Goodyear Tire & Rubber, product communications for Volkswagen and communications manager for Hyundai.
Edward Ford is the senior director of Talent Brand + Employee Experience at Medidata Solutions. He joined in 2017 and built the internal communications function as the internal communications director. Prior to that, he was the communications and enterprise community manager at Verizon, Thomson Reuters and McGraw-Hill. He started his career as a benefits analyst at McGraw-Hill before becoming an account supervisor at GolinHarris, where he executed internal communications plans for clients. Through his career, Edward has sought to build for organizations' future needs and has taken responsibilities that didn’t previously exist. He creates clarity in ambiguity and process amidst chaos as companies evolve to meet ever-changing customer needs.