Create an Effective and Engaging Social Media Response to COVID-19
The full content of this page is available to members only.
Social media is a critical tool for informing audiences and connecting people in a time of crisis and constant breaking news. Breaking through to customers and other stakeholders is no easy task in such a crowded environment—especially one where misinformation can spread like wildfire.You’ll hear how they’re successfully navigating the post-pandemic social media landscape, delivering timely and relevant content that keeps their audiences informed of crucial information, garners support for their mission and builds a sense of community in a trying time.
Discover how to:
- Help executives use social media to keep the trust of audiences
- Create a protocol to respond to breaking news or social media backlash in a timely and tactful manner
- Use social listening to quickly respond to and dispel rumors on Facebook and Twitter
- Follow best practices to respectfully promote products during a crisis while maintaining brand reputation
- Get creative to reinforce important messaging around social distancing and hygiene practices
- Find inspiring and uplifting stories within your organization and share them online
- Maintain the trust and support of customers by providing them with helpful resources during a challenging time.
- Get your social media followers interacting with your brand and foster a sense of community
- Follow The Art Institute of Chicago’s example in successfully bringing a traditionally in-person experience to their social media channels
Kati Murphy is Executive Director of Public Affairs at the Art Institute of Chicago. Her primary responsibilities include strategizing and overseeing publicity plans for exhibitions, acquisitions and museum initiatives and identifying opportunities that support museum objectives through public relations. As Executive Director of Public Affairs, Murphy plays a key role in developing and executing crisis management plans, including producing institutional messaging and talking points and disseminating such materials to staff. She also regularly provides counsel to museum leadership on crisis anticipation and avoidance, maintaining a critical role in crisis-related decision making for the organization.
Micah Laney is a Senior Manager, Social Media Strategy for Walmart, on a mission to share the stories of over 2 million Walmart associates and highlight the company’s efforts as a global force for good. In his role on the Walmart’s Global Associate Communications Team, Laney is tasked with the challenge of communicating to 2.1 million associates in 15 markets around the world. His focus is on executive digital communications, where he works with C-Suite leaders to develop a compelling, informative and trendsetting digital presence. Laney has more than 15 years of experience in digital project and product management, providing technical guidance and translating jargon into business goals and measurable results.
Dina Rezvanipour, Founder and CEO of 3d Public Relations & Marketing, is a graduate from the University of Southern California with a B.A. in Communications. Dina got her start at Fox Studios in the diversity development department, where she helped establish the writer’s program and organized talent showcases. Dina was at Fox for 6 years before she landed a position at the premiere public relations firm, Distinctive Assets. As the Vice President of Distinctive Assets, she handled all aspects of PR for the company, and was their talent wrangler for the official backstage gift lounges for shows such as; the GRAMMY Awards, Country Music Awards, Latin GRAMMY Awards, Andre Agassi Grand Slam Charity Event, American Music Awards and Teen Choice Awards. Dina moved to New York City in 2011, to further her career in PR and Marketing and launched 3d Public Relations in January 2012.
As the Social Media Content Lead at Amtrak, Nicolle Lopez creates content that inspires the public to travel sustainably via rail, America’s forgotten pastime, and to enjoy their journey as much as their destination. She has also served on the social media teams for the NFL, National Geographic, and Perry Ellis International. Nicolle has a B.S. in Communications with a specialization in Account Management and a minor in Environmental Science.
Vice President, Ipsos Social Intelligence Analytics