5 Tips to Become a Data Visualization Expert
The full content of this page is available to members only.
Data visualization helps you make large quantities of data coherent and interesting. Betsey DiSanza, a visual communications expert at Kforce, will share her knowledge and insights on how to use data visualization for corporate communications. She'll give tips to help you sift through huge spreadsheets of data to build a vivid narrative that will engage your audience. Learn how to use this effective tool to tell stories more clearly than ever before.
- Understand the data you'd like to use.
- Identify the key data findings you want to convey.
- Determine how can you use data to engage the audience and emphasize salient points.
- Let the data tell a story.
- Craft visuals that help your audience learn and retain information better than words alone can do.
Betsey DiSanza, the client-presentation guru and content communicator for Kforce, a $1.3 billion, publicly traded staffing firm, knows the power of getting communications right. A 10-year veteran of communications and graphic design, Betsey has achieved a strong, balanced relationship between words and visuals that has resulted in an 85 percent client-win rate for Kforce. Because visual communications and the need for data visualization are growing significantly, she believes understanding how to harness the right tools will improve internal and external communications. @betseydisanza