Journalists today are using social media 24/7 looking for news, scoops and sources. Yet most PR pros still don’t have a systematic approach to using social media to connect with journalists on these channels—and therefore lose coverage to competitors. Avoid this by joining this session—where you’ll discover what it takes to connect with and pitch journalists on any platform, including email and social media. The advanced media relations practices you learn come from Muck Rack’s new survey of thousands of journalists—and our exclusive panel of A-list editors who will open the session to your live pitches. This intensive “how to pitch the press” workshop is guaranteed to give you the know-how you need to improve your PR results.
- How to improve email pitches using big data and social media
- How to convince your boss to support better media relations practices
- How to find—and build relationships with—journalists using social media
- Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and more: Which channels journalists now prefer to source, report and promote stories
- Videos, photos, infographics: What multimedia reporters want and how to provide it