Who’s telling your story? These days, it better be you. To do so, you need to be a brand journalist. Skillful storytelling can boost your company’s reputation in the marketplace, improve your media coverage and attract new talent to your organization.
Brand journalism is more than just a better way to tell better stories. It is about positioning your organization to break your own news and rise above the din of a crowded and noisy marketplace. Storytelling also can drive culture, by giving voice to your values and your point of view on the issues facing your industry–and the world.
Join Ragan Consulting Group Co-founder Jim Ylisela for this highly interactive workshop, Brand Journalism: Take charge of your own story, to learn from top communicators on how brand journalism will help engage the stakeholders crucial to your business, tear down the barriers between teams to integrate your communications newsroom, think creatively to tell the same story in fresh, new ways and much more.
Top takeaways for you and your team:
- Determining your brand journalism goals with customers, employees, investors and other stakeholders
- How to develop a brand journalism checklist that includes defining your editorial standard and structure, content delivery methods and measuring the success of your efforts
- Understanding the six kinds of brand journalism stories and figuring out which ones are right for you
- Learn how to refine the journalistic elements of your story, including headlines, teasers and image placement
- How to shift focus from writing for your internal team to writing for an external audience
- And more!