The contemporary desire to adopt a conversational tone has resulted in an oozing marsh of ambiguities, redundancies and just plain sloppy writing.
Help your writers and readers out of the swamp:
- Rediscover the importance of grammatical structure and syntax.
- Emphasize word choice to deliver potent messages—and to preserve your authoritative voice.
- Excise filler words and phrases that slow down and turn off your readers.
- Use proper punctuation for consistent communication.
- Avoid the trap that makes audiences zone out before they even reach your second paragraph.