From Wordsmith to Speaking Coach: How to make yourself more valuable
The full content of this page is available to members only.
You've spent hours working on the big speech. But as the boss hits the stage, you shrink back from his or her stumbling, uninspired delivery. This session will provide fundamentals on how to improve delivery, enhance staging, and ensure her or his slides are top notch. It won't turn you into a speech coach overnight, but it will provide practical tips to move your speaker from good to great.
- What is a stage triangle and ways your speaker use it to create a closer relationship with the audience
- When your speaker should use a power pose and resting pose while delivering your speech
- Why are TED talks staged so powerfully and what can we learn from them
- How the "Dole Stroll" forever change the relationship between speakers and audiences
- The 5 tips to transform your slides into images that move an audience to action
A seasoned communications professional, Dr. Rosemary King has served as a speechwriter and communications director for national leaders in the charitable community, across the private sector, and at the highest levels of government. Career highlights include serving as a speechwriter for the Secretary of Defense, 4-star generals, members of Congress, CEOs, and nationally recognized journalists. She served 24 years in the Air Force, eight at the Pentagon. Rose's work has been quoted in the New York Times, Washington Post, Financial Times, USA Today and reached international audiences in Taiwan, Russia, Hungary, Belgium, Mexico, Columbia, Estonia, Macedonia, and Kosovo.