Save Employee Communications: The profile of the 21st-century internal communicator
The full content of this page is available to members only.
The intranet is the primary employee communications channel. If an employee communications department doesn't exist, that channel is likely to be taken over by marketing. Does that make you shudder? Then you should know that several companies have closed down employee communications. More closings are threatened. Internal communications thought leader Shel Holtz will explain what's happening in his keynote and outline the steps you must take, not only to safeguard employee communications but to ensure your leaders see it as indispensable. Shel will show you some ways to propel your intranet into the 21st century.
- How to reframe what you cover so you don't duplicate what employees can find elsewhere online
- Why your enterprise social network must be a key communication channel
- How messaging has become a huge internal communications tool
- Why you must map your employees' journey to craft communications that support a great employee experience
- Why influencer marketing is so effective in consumer marketing
Shel Holtz is a veteran communicator who brings nearly 40 years of experience to his clients around the world. Shel is a Fellow of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), a Founding Fellow of the Society for New Communication Research (SNCR), and a Platinum Fellow of The Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media. He has written or co-written six communication books and countless articles. A speaker on digital and employee communications, Shel is a prolific blogger and a pioneer podcaster. Read his blog and connect with him on his website at http://holtz.com.