Powering Play: Everything you should know to build an engaging digital workplace
The full content of this page is available to members only.
Everyone’s a communicator these days. Our phones, tablets and laptops have enabled that. But access to the tools is only the first step. You need an employee engagement strategy, project goals, milestones and a content plan. Take a peek behind the curtain at the creation of Hulu’s social intranet platform, Huluverse, and the strategies implemented to keep “Hulugans” coming back for more.
- Engage and retain employees with an intranet they actually want to use
- Design an ecosystem that encourages dialogue at all levels and fuels high-performing teams
- Identify opportunities to integrate your organization’s culture in all you do
- Change your communications team role from “order taker” to “expert”
- Navigate change management, especially in growing businesses
Mike Rocco is the manager, employment branding and communications at Hulu. Since joining the Hulu team in 2013, he has lead the creation and launch of Hulu’s first social intranet (Huluverse), an engine for fueling employee engagement and reflecting Hulu’s culture and values. Mike oversees Hulu’s “Powering Play” employment brand and social media recruitment channels to attract and retain top talent. Additionally, he leads the internal digital messaging strategy for Hulugans. Mike is an accomplished designer, producer, speaker, video editor and writer. Prior to becoming a “Hulugan,” he enjoyed more than 20 years at The Walt Disney Company in theme park operations, corporate communications and marketing and design roles.