Manage Social Media Legal Risks: Don’t let the legal risks manage you!
The full content of this page is available to members only.
Mayo Clinic is one of the world’s most well-known, respected healthcare brands. It operates in the highly regulated healthcare industry, where missteps can lead to brand disaster, government fines and patient lawsuits. Despite this, Mayo Clinic is at the front in the social media revolution, encouraging employees to Tweet, Facebook and Pin. Hear from Mayo’s legal counsel how Mayo’s social media team and in-house legal team collaborate to manage legal risks.
- Best practices for managing the myriad legal and brand risks without gutting your social media
- Strategies to proactively partner with your legal staff to manage these risks
- How to avoid common missteps that can lead to disasters for your brand and your career
- How to draft social media policies that protect your company and employees from the biggest legal and brand risks
- Tips to manage social media gaffes so they’re less likely to go viral
Dan Goldman is in-house legal counsel at Mayo Clinic, one of the world’s largest private healthcare providers, employing more than 40,000 people in Minnesota, Arizona, Florida and Wisconsin. He is the legal advisor for Mayo’s industry-leading social media, and a member of the advisory board for the Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media. He frequently speaks on social-media legal issues at national conferences. He also leads the Mayo Clinic Legal Department’s Commercial Transactions and Privacy Specialty Teams.