Intranets & the Digital Workplace
The full content of this page is available to members only.
Unlock your intranet’s superpowers: Leap tall silos with a single site!
All organizations have them: the unintentional villains of the modern workplace: Silos that segregate information in online attic closets. Barriers to collaboration. With their sidekicks, Email and Meeting Overload, they sneak into unsuspecting organizations to thwart success.
Spectrum Health neutralizes those silos with a single site, creating a huge cultural change. Your workforce communicates, forms teams, collaborates, converses and connects to other employees easily, naturally, like Facebook.
- Connection – Connect employees across departments with social business tools
- Communication – Make employees content creators. Share information quicker and easier
- Collaboration – Move work out of Outlook and Office to encourage constant collaboration and efficiency
- Working Out Loud – Encouraging leaders to contribute to create a culture of engagement and transparency
- Super-users – Advocacy programs make your online communities stronger than ever, lift customer service to new heights
Get organic engagement with sticky, addictive digital-workplace tools
High-performing employees want tools and platforms that give them an edge in their jobs and careers. Leaders want a workforce of innovators, collaborators and thought leaders who will invent, disrupt and achieve hitherto-unthinkable firsts in business and technology.
With this in mind, Comcast has launched an array of à la carte digital tools that engage and empower its technical employees.
- An e-mentoring platform that acts like a dating site, matching employees with senior professionals according to their career aspirations
- Collaboration tools that help teams connect, create and build things across geographies and time zones
- A blog site that employees contribute to and read. This blog powerfully stimulates employee development (and it put an end to the old newsletter)
- Community sites where employees celebrate wins, recognize colleagues and promote volunteering
- An ‘Ideas Portal’ where employees propose new concepts, connect with like-minded peers, get feedback, refine their ideas and bring them to production
Don Shell is the enterprise community manager for Ford‘s collaborative intranet. His duties include consulting on best practices, creating engaging and compelling content, spearheading compliance and governance, triaging user issues, providing strategic guidance of the system and tracking use to drive employee engagement and adoption. Before joining Ford, he was the enterprise community manager at Spectrum Health. A writer, editor, communicator and former journalist, Don is committed to engagement in executives and teams and to transforming the way Ford connects, communicates and collaborates.
Tina Davis re-invents communications and engagement for thousands of engineers at Comcast. She and her leaders have built a culture of candor and open dialogue, where new ideas can thrive. To support this, Tina has created internal social communities and blogs where employees share expertise and offer feedback on each other's ideas. She promotes career development and innovation and uses data visualization to crystalize strategies and goals—so employees know how to succeed. Her ideas have produced double-digit gains in open and honest communication, understanding of the strategy and company pride on employee surveys. Tina has helped her teams and executives earn recognition in InformationWeek, InfoWorld and Computerworld. Before Comcast, she led technology communications at Merrill Lynch and AOL.