How Tapestry turned a flailing intranet into a must-have employee portal
The full content of this page is available to members only.
Let's face it—most intranets are overscrutinized, underfunded and understrategized. Whether you created your organization's intranet or not, it's now yours to manage and improve. In a world where budget dollars and resources are harder and harder to come by, intranet managers are challenged to do more with less. With the right technology and approach, you can turn your intranet into a vital portal your employees will want to use every day.
- Use employee feedback to determine your intranet's biggest shortcomings
- Reflect on business goals to prioritize realistic, attainable steps to get back on track
- Rely less on IT and take your portal's destiny into your own hands
- Align your goals with supported projects to obtain funding and resources
- Use positive feedback to gain executive support for your vision
Dante Ragazzo is director of enterprise portal for Tapestry. With nearly 20 years of experience in internal communication technologies, Ragazzo is a passionate digital workplace evangelist, user experience advocate and content management sage. He believes tools at work should help you do your job, not make it harder. If he's not preaching about the employee digital experience, he's probably playing drums or spending time with his wife and three children. @bigdragazzo