Harness the Humanity: Storytelling that brings meaning to employees’ lives and work
The full content of this page is available to members only.
It’s time to put aside scripted CEO videos and jargon-filled internal emails. Your culture and workforce are starving for authenticity and empathy. At GoDaddy, work and life exist together, and the results are spectacular. Executives share life challenges and obstacles overcome, and new hires offer their toughest moments and greatest glories for all to see. This is not some workplace utopia. It’s the result of a replicable communications strategy that fosters a culture of trust and collaboration. Attendees will learn the secret sauce for converting employees of all stripes into brand advocates and hear how to use stories to build a culture of trust.
- Enlist internal brand advocates to volunteer their authentic selves and bust silos
- Coax human stories out of engineers, executives and everyone in between
- Introduce a deeper meaning to the daily grind and bring out the humanity in colleagues
- Bust echo chambers and achieve true collaboration between departments and remote offices
- Find and nurture the humanity in even the most buttoned-up organization
Kim Clark is director of internal communications for GoDaddy. Her career spans radio, documentary filmmaking, agency partnerships with the Discovery Channel, marketing, brand strategy, writing, training and teaching, as well as ownership of a video production organization. Working at Cisco, KLA-Tencor, PayPal and now GoDaddy, she has taken full advantage of the various mediums to engage employees and facilitate transparency and trust in organizations. At GoDaddy she built an infrastructure and internal communications strategy from scratch and moved the needle from 50 percent trust in leadership to 63 percent in just six months, according to GoDaddy’s employee engagement survey. @kimclark1