Communicate with Pictures: The writer's role in creating powerful infographics
The full content of this page is available to members only.
Let's face it—people have a short attention span for words. Statistics show a 14 percent increase in page views when press releases contain a visual, and Facebook has a 37 percent higher level of engagement with images than with text. How can you use visuals to get your communications read? In this workshop, you will learn best practices and techniques to create a visual story with your words, and ultimately command those connections between your readers and your message.
- How to tell a visual story
- When an infographic is appropriate
- Infographic types you can use
- Easy-to-use tools for writers to create their own infographics (i.e.—Canva)
- Strategies for using the infographics you create
- Exercises to identify the images in your words that distill information into digestible chunks
Don Harder is associate creative director and art director at CBD Marketing. In his more than 20 years of experience, Don has worked on Firestone Building Products, James Hardie Building Products, Whirlpool Corporation, College Illinois! Prepaid Tuition Program and BMO Harris.
Mary Olivieri is the EVP, executive creative director of the fully-integrated marketing and PR agency—CBD Marketing, and student of the Second City Training Center. With over 25 years of copywriting and creative direction under her belt, she has led scores of creatives in delivering materials designed to trigger an emotional response in readers.