Bringing Sexy Back: Engaging social media tactics you can use, even if you're not a big brand
The full content of this page is available to members only.
Sex, drugs and rock n' roll are easy ways to get attention. But what about patents? Or marine debris? Or international trade tariffs for woven men's blazers? Even for these more mundane topics, you must reach key stakeholders and customers. Find out how to bring sexy back to your industry by revving up the appeal of your content.
- Use humor to create shareable content
- Hone in on common interests—and do less product promotion
- Harness guides and eBooks to engage your stakeholders
- Use images and photos to generate positive brand sentiment
- Tell stories to show customers what your product or service does for them
Mike Kruger is the director of digital engagement at the U.S. Department of Commerce. He directs the Agency's first-ever Office of Digital Engagement, created in February 2014. Mike started with the Department of Commerce in September 2010 as the Director of Digital Strategy. He joined the Commerce Department after two years as the House Education and Labor committee's online outreach specialist charged with expanding the committee's social network footprint and reaching out to online media. He worked for 21st Century Democrats as an online associate in 2007-2008. Before that, he taught for 9 years. @MikeKruger