Writing That Cuts Through the Clutter: Creating communications that people will actually pay attention to—and act on!
The full content of this page is available to members only.
Let’s face it: It’s getting harder and harder to capture our employees’ attention with our communication efforts. Limited attention spans, increased workloads, more and more competition—these things are making it almost impossible for our key messages to get through. Almost impossible, but not impossible—not if you change the very nature of how you communicate to employees.
In this practical session, leading communication expert Steve Crescenzo will draw from dozens of real-life examples to show you:
- How to master the “Four C’s” of great content: Creative, Compelling, Conversational and Concise
- How to incorporate the latest storytelling techniques to bring your content to life
- How to find and tell the kinds of stories that will cut through the information
- Ways to clear out the clutter that is so rampant in your organization
- How to inject voice and personality into your writing
- How to move your writing away from “organization-centric” content to “audience-centric” content
- How to shift gears and write for traditional media, online channels and social media outlets
Steve Crescenzo, the CEO of Crescenzo Communications, is a highly sought-after consultant, writer and seminar leader. One of the nation's leading experts in employee communications, he has helped thousands of communicators improve their print and electronic communication. Steve was voted the No.1 seminar leader for the IABC Global Conference for three years in a row (2008, 2009 and 2010), and has spoken in IABC's "All Star Track" for the past five years. Steve also speaks at IABC chapter and district events in America and Europe, writes a column in IABC's Communication World and is the author of the popular blog Corporate Hallucinations. @Crescenzo