The Mobile Pivot: To reach employees and other stakeholders, use your smartphone as is!
The full content of this page is available to members only.
Most organizations are still behind the mobile curve. One trend has solidified: app development. However, new research finds the average smartphone user installs ZERO apps in any given month. Another study finds that one in four users abandon their apps after a single use. On the other hand, 90 percent of smartphone users use messaging on their phone more than any other activity except email (91 percent).
In this session, you'll learn:
- Why messaging has overtaken apps (and what apps are worth your time)
- Why messaging is so much more than texts between friends
- How companies enjoy 1:1 engagement by messaging to reach customers
- How messaging is gaining a foothold internally in the enterprise
- Why chatbots -- accessible on messaging apps -- are the next big thing in mobile communications
Shel Holtz is a veteran communicator who brings nearly 40 years of experience to his clients around the world. Shel is a Fellow of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), a Founding Fellow of the Society for New Communication Research (SNCR), and a Platinum Fellow of The Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media. He has written or co-written six communication books and countless articles. A speaker on digital and employee comms, Shel is a prolific blogger and a pioneer podcaster. Read his blog and connect with him on his website at http://holtz.com.