An Introduction to Google+ for Communicators
The full content of this page is available to members only.
Google+. This powerful, underrated network radically changes everything PR and internal communicators do.
If you work in these departments or functions . . .
Internal news gathering
Internal, external brand
Company SME publicity
Video news, interviews
Product launch, innovation
. . . you must master Google+’s astonishing arsenal of business communication weapons!
You did it. You created your Google+ page before somebody took your company name.
Now what? Post random links? Ignore Google+ and hope it dies because you’re too busy with Facebook and Twitter?
Shel Holtz explains why you need to master this powerful platform, and he shows you how. You’ll learn:
- Why Google+ will likely revolutionize your online monitoring
- How it strengthens customer relations and niche marketing
- Why it’s so powerful in targeted public relations, viral PR and marketing
- How it can boost internal corporate team collaboration on projects
Get a practical look at the critical PR and employee communications platform of the future in this 90-minute training module written and narrated by the online visionary, Shel Holtz.
Learn how to navigate Google+'s home page. Understand its features, and find out how to get started. Discover how Google+'s Circles empower you to simplify your online life.
Find out how to personalize Google+ Stream so that you control who talks to you. And Holtz explains features of Google+ such as +1, Notifications, video-teleconferencing Hangouts, Chat and Photos.
And Shel doesn’t stop with that. You’ll learn about Google+ and mobile apps and photo auto-uploading from Android smartphones. Google+ and search engine optimization will interest firms already on Google+.
That’s not all. You’ll get these invaluable ideas, facts and arguments:
- Why other Google tools have made Google+ more vital than ever before to YOU
- Why Google+ has become an absolute necessity for PR and marketing
- The 4 critical essentials of starting your company’s own Google+ page
- The 6 basic features of Google+ in crystal-clear words
- How to make your Google+ Company page into one of the most versatile business tools ever
- 5 powerful, immediately usable Google+ tools for organizational communicator
- 4 statistics to get senior leaders to take action on Google+ right now
There’s more. You’ll master new techniques. Holtz says, “There are hundreds of tricks to improve your ease and efficiency in using Google+.” He provides easy-to-follow help for dozens of Google+ features.
The module ends with further resources for Google+.
That's it. This thumbnail description doesn't begin to do justice to the amazing number of time-saving tips, useful warnings, and imaginative applications you’ll find in this module.
If you're presenting on Google+ to your senior leaders, this is the weapon that’ll blow away the skeptics. If you're getting Google+ to bolster your social media, you'll be staggered by the possibilities!
Shel Holtz is principal of Holtz Communication + Technology, which advises companies on their digital and traditional communication strategies. He is a seven-time winner of IABC's international Gold Quill award. The author of six books, Holtz also is a long-time blogger and pioneer podcaster. His clients have included Intel, Sears, PepsiCo, General Mills, the World Bank, Disney, FedEx, and National Geographic.