How to Engage and Connect Non-desk Employees
The full content of this page is available to members only.
To reach people in the world's most remote places, global health and humanitarian organizations have to use engaging global communication tools. These organizations rely on their intranets to educate, engage and connect people on a global scale. The challenge of creating meaningful ways to do this across cultures within your budget is no easy task. JoEllen Saeli-Lane will show you some tools large global organizations use to connect and engage employees—even those thousands of miles away from one another.
- Create a mobile experience for your employees in the field
- Build employee recognition into your communication strategy and platforms
- Customize your search to connect employees to organization experts and to important information
- Put the resources that your employees care about at their fingertips
- Engage email-only employees with a newsletter that pushes them to the intranet for more info
JoEllen Saeli-Lane is a senior director of communications for the Centers for Disease Control with experience in the nonprofit, health, government and private sectors. JoEllen is senior director of strategic partnerships and communications at CARE USA. She has been senior health communication specialist within CDC's global health program and director of internal communications for CARE USA. JoEllen is a member of IABC Atlanta and speaks about building communication strategies and intranets in globally diverse organizations.