7 steps to a strategic communication plan
The full content of this page is available to members only.
Have you ever built a communication plan start to finish?
Do you avoid communication planning because it's boring?
... OR ...
You just don't have enough time to create one?
It's almost too easy to jump straight to tactics!
But you should NEVER neglect strategic communication planning.
- Ideas to become a proactive, not a reactive communicator
- How to understand your audience to keep communication clear and focused
- How to gain buy-in and ownership from your leaders
- Where to find metrics to measure success and support your communication goals
- The best time to start thinking about tactics in planning
Connie J. Mayse is a communications and HR professional with over 20 years' experience in the insurance, health care, telecommunications and architectural coatings industries. As manager, HR communications at Aon, she gives comms support to HR in every medium but interpretive dance. Connie joined IABC in 2000 and served on several of its international, regional and local boards. She holds a BA in communications and an MA in international business from Baldwin-Wallace College. When not working, she pursues her quest of creating the perfect cake.