The 2018 Social Media Virtual Summit New ways to boost your skills and ROI on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn
The full content of this page is available to members only.
If you manage your social media efforts and struggle to keep up with latest updates on the top five channels, this workshop is for you. Join Jenn Herman (author "Instagram for Business), Darnell Brady (social media manager, Jacksonville Jaguars) and Carlin Twedt (marketing and social media manager, PR Daily) to demystify recent algorithm changes—and update your strategy to increase reach and ROI on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
You'll learn how to:
- Triple engagement for your social media campaigns in the post-organic era
- Craft posts, host chats and run polls that boost shares and keep feeds fresh
- Elevate your social media storytelling with better images and videos
- Achieve metrics that impress leaders and influence budgets
SESSION 1: SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATES
What's new and what's working: Fresh skills to thrive on the 'Big 5'
Change is a constant in social media. New channels appear almost daily. Yet the "Big 5" have maintained longevity through it all. Join to hear the latest algorithm changes on each major platform, what the research says about where to invest your time—and the core skills you now need to thrive on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
- New research: The status of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn
- What's working today to drive results on each of the "Big 5"
- Content strategies and skills that cross social media channels—from core design skills (graphics, images and video) to digital copywriting
- Where (and how) to invest as paid social media becomes the new norm
SESSION 2: CONTENT CREATION
Social storytelling: How to write, snap and shoot amazing social media posts
Now that you know the latest "Big 5" updates, here's how to plan, produce and post stellar social media content that hits the sweet spot. You'll discover how to parlay online monitoring into social media storytelling—and steps you can take now to create compelling posts, images and videos that will win big on any of your organization's primary social media channels.
- Data-driven storytelling: How to transform data insights into social media stories
- How to brainstorm creative ways to tell your story using tools such as "Crowd Table"
- How to write a compelling post—essential words, phrases and rules of thumb
- How to create great images and videos for social media—including low-cost equipment, how to set up the shot, and editing tips
SESSION 3: SOCIAL MEDIA ENGAGEMENT
Next steps: How to drive engagement and ROI across the 'Big 5'
Social media proliferation is real. Content improves while attention spans and the shelf-lives of posts diminish. Thankfully, social media managers can survive and thrive with a strong understanding of their audience and execution that goes beyond garden-variety best practices. This session focuses on the clever tactics that time- and budget-strapped social media managers can use to turbocharge engagement and ROI.
You'll learn how to:
- Make smarter social media decisions with little or no budget
- Better understand your audience beyond vanity metrics
- Swap time-wasting tactics for meaningful interactions on any platform
- Make the most of paid social media budgets
Jenn Herman is a social media consultant, speaker and Instagram expert. Jenn's Trends was named a Top 10 Social Media Blog in 2014, 2015 and 2016. She provides tips, resources and training for smaller businesses seeking better social media strategies. Jenn is the author of "Instagram for Business," "The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Instagram" and "Stop Guessing: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Social Media Strategy." @Jenns_Trends
Darnell Brady is the social media manager for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Before joining the Jaguars in 2017, he worked as an assistant director, in marketing at Air Force Academy Athletics, and as an intern for his alma mater, Penn State. @MDarnellBrady
Carlin Twedt is the marketing and social media manager at Ragan Communications and a frequent PR Daily contributor. He has seven years of digital marketing and social media experience with B2B and B2C companies, both agency and client side. At Ragan, he markets 80+ events per year, also working in event production. @Carl_In_Tweets